>> Diesel engine 2,8 liters
The 2,8 liters four-cylinder engine (2772 cm3) with the camshaft of the top arrangement and consistently located cylinders is fixed in a forward part of the car, with connected to it behind by coupling and the transmission.
The bent shaft rotates in five radical bearings. Persistent washers are established on the back radical bearing to control an axial side play of a bent shaft.
Rods rotate on horizontally cut inserts. Pistons are attached to rods by piston fingers. Piston fingers are fixed by lock rings and slide in openings of the rods located in the narrow ends. The pistons manufactured of aluminum alloy have three piston rings – two compression and one oil scraper.
In the block of cylinders sleeves of cylinders which can be replaced in case of wear are located.
Inlet and final valves are closed by cylindrical springs and function in the directing plugs which are pressed in a head of cylinders.
The camshaft receives the drive from a bent shaft. The camshaft rotates on five support which are fixed on a head of cylinders, and operates eight valves by means of yokes. Gaps of valves are regulated manually by means of adjusting screws of yokes.
Lubricant of working parts of the engine is produced by means of the oil pump which receives the drive from a bent shaft. The oil pump passes oil via the mesh filter located in an oil case and the oil filter located from outer side of the engine and then drives oil to internal channels of the block of cylinders / case of the engine. Via channels oil arrives to a bent shaft (radical bearings) and the camshaft. To bearings of rods oil gets through internal openings in a bent shaft. Cams of the camshaft and valves are greased with splashes as well as all other details of the engine.
Repair work which can be carried out with the engine, without removing it from the car
1) Compression pressure – check.
2) A valve gap – adjustment.
3) A cover of a head of cylinders – removal and installation.
4) A cover of a gear belt – removal and installation.
5) A gear belt – removal and installation.
6) Asterisks and a natyazhitel of a gear belt – removal and installation.
7) Yokes and pushers – removal, check and installation.
8) A head of cylinders – removal and installation.
9) Rods and pistons – removal and installation.
Though this operation can be performed, without removing the engine, and having removed only an oil case, it is better if you remove for this purpose the engine that will allow you to carry out work in purity and will provide easier access.
10) An oil case – removal and installation.
11) The oil pump – removal, repair and installation.
12) The oil heater – removal and installation.
13) Epiploons of distributive and cranked shaft – replacement.
14) Fastenings the engine / transmission – check and replacement.
15) A flywheel – removal check and installation.